Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zoe's Garden

Tuesday commemorated the beginning of a new adventure for us this summer. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)!! Holy smokes, we got thrown right into the thick of it. I spent much of the day cleaning, organizing and planning in order to get all of this eaten.

from left to right: tarragon, spearmint, leeks, onion scapes, parsnips, garlic greens, goji berry greens, watercress, and chinese buttercrunch lettuce. How many of those things have you ever even heard of? 3? Me too.

Menu for the coming days:

Watercress Stuffed Chicken and Salad.
Herbed Leek Gratin, Onion Scapes with Rice and Salad.
Vegetarian Lasagna with Watercress, Roasted Parsnips and Salad.

Our goal is to eat it all, because next Tuesday we get a whole new box filled with new never-before-heard-of-food.

Who wants to come over for dinner?

4 comments:

Shane and Kenzie said...

Wow the greens look fabulous! There is nothing better than fresh food.

Circe said...

I'm signing up! It's too awesome to pass up!

Sherrie said...

I looked into one of those and want to do it! I'll need to talk to you and get the skinny!

The Beckstroms said...

I've been thinking about doing the one that is down here too. I need to start during summer when I'm home and can get used to planning meals with foods I've never used.